HEWA Membership FAQ
Here you will find commonly asked questions and answers about HEWA Memberships, how to join etc.
Click on the question below to view the answer.
HEWA is run by home-based education families for home-based education families.
Some of the benefits for joining HEWA include:
- Insurance coverage for HBLN organised events and resource days.
- Develop or expand your home-based network by attending events such as workshops, conferences or seminars.
- Access to the Members Only Area of the HBLN website and access to the HBLN Forum and Member Resources
- Access to discounted rates for online subscriptions e.g. Mathletics, Literacy Planet, Rosetta Stone .... And much more.
We welcome your input into all aspects of HEWA and we encourage all families to find a way to contribute to the running of HBLN. The more you put in, the more you and all of our members will get out of HEWA.
Joining HEWA is simple.
1. Visit the Join HEWA page by clicking here.
2. Click on the Join Now button for the membership plan of your choice.
3. Complete the registration form.
4. You will then be taken to the PayPal website to process payment. You can pay using your Visa, Mastercard or an existing PayPal account.
5. Once payment has been completed you will be able to log in to the member's area. You will recieve a welcome email confirming your membership with further instructions on how to access resources.
If you don't have a PayPal account or would like to pay using your credit or debit card, when you get to the PayPal screen click on the section that says 'Pay with a credit or debit card'. See below image:
Complete all the required details and then click the Pay button.
Forgotton your membership login password? No worries, just click here, enter your email address in the email field and click the submit button.
Now check your emails for an email from HEWA, click on the link in the email and copy and paste the provided verification code into the field. You can then enter a new password for your account.
If you do not recieve an email, please check your junk/spam folder in case it ended up there.
You can find your membership number on your Membership Profile page or on your Membership Card.
To access your Membership Profile, log in to the member's area and from the Members Menu click on My Membership and then Membership Profile.
The Member Number field is your HEWA/HBLN membership number.
You can also update any of your contact details on this page.
To download and print your membership card:
2. From the Members Menu click on My Membership and then click on Print Membership Card.
3. In the Membership Card field click on the link for your current subscription.
4. This link will open/download a PDF file of your membership card, you can then save this file onto your computer and print it out.
If you cannot open the PDF file, you can download Adobe Acrobat for free by clicking here.
You can access any events or workshops available for online booking via the Book Events & Workshops page.
If you are a HEWA/HBLN member, log in to the member's area first in order to receive any member discounts that may apply to an event. You will need to be logged in for member discount rates to apply.
From the Book Events & Workshops page, click on the Details button for the event to view the full event details.
To make a booking, click on the Register button for the particular event, from the pop-up window click on the Check Out button.
Complete the registration form and then click the Process Registration button at the bottom of the form.
Payments for events are made via PayPal secure online payments. You can pay using your credit card, debit card or an existing PayPal account.
After payment has been processed an email will be sent to you confirming your event booking.